Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Favorite Fast Eats

Here are two of my very favorite “Fast Eats.” Pre-warning… the two should never be consumed in the same sitting… I don’t think I could stomach knowing someone did that.
Tuna Melts for Two, or Two for You
Prep: 10 min
Cook 15 min
1 can (6oz) Tuna, drained
Mayonnaise
4 Slices of Bread, Rye is the Best =]
½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
Sour Cream
Butter
Cheese (can be American, Colby Jack, Cheddar, ect . 
And it does not necessarily need to be sliced.) 

          These are just like making a grilled cheese sandwich , only with a few extra twists. 

1.       Heat frying pan and place a little bit of Butter into the pan.
2.       Combine Tuna with the normal amount of Mayo you use in a small bowl.
3.       Add Sour Cream to taste. More Sour Cream= the more sour your melts will be. Add a Tablespoon at a time, until you like the outcome.
4.       Add Garlic Powder, mix well
5.       Butter choice bread on one side.
6.      Spread Tuna mixture on two slices, add cheese, and top with remaining bread.
7.      Toast sandwiches as if you were toasting a grilled cheese sandwich. 

Angel Hair Summer Salad with Pepperoni
Honestly, I make this every other week. God bless the BF for not getting sick of this.  I have substituted other kinds of noodles with this salad. Angel Hair has been my first choice.
Prep 20 min. Yields: 4-6 servings.
Cooked Angel Hair pasta, rinsed in cold water. 
(I generally use ¾ th to a ½ of a box)
1 Cucumber, Peeled and chopped.
1 package of sliced Pepperoni
1 can (2 ¼ oz) Black Oilves, drained
½ Cup Italian Salad Dressing
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1.      Add all ingredients (with the exception of Parmesan Cheese) in a bowl. Toss to coat.
2.      Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top.
3.      Allow to cool, and enjoy. =]
The original recipe calls for a Green Pepper (1 medium, chopped). I just choose to omit it. I also believe that Yellow Bell Peppers would be amazing with it. If someone tests out my idea before I do, let me know.

Both recipes were taken out of the Taste of Home: the Busy Family Cookbook.

2 comments:

  1. I've made this twice in the last 3 weeks. Love it! Thanx for the idea and recipe.

    ReplyDelete