Saturday, February 12, 2011

Random thoughts of the day & What the hell are you making tomorrow?

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage. Maya Angelou

 
Why is it that we always go grocery shopping with a list of particular items and arrive home with the entire back seat fill with food we did not intend to purchase? I wandered my way to the fresh produce section this morning and felt like I was in heaven. Half of my minim wedged pay check has now filled my pantry and fridge. I was hungry. That is my story and I’m sticking to it. =] 

Earlier this week I stumbled upon a box of Vanilla pudding in the pantry and realized I bought it sugar free. =[ So I decided to make pudding mush with crushed Walmart Oreos with it. Let’s just say it doesn’t taste sugar free. I don’t know if that should be good or bad, and I don’t want to know what they use as a substitute. 

I am so excited to announce that I will be making Beef Empanadas, Tabouli, and Peach Empanadas tomorrow.What the hell is that you say?! Good old Webbster defines an Empanada as a turnover. Many cultures around the world make similar filled pastries, each with a different title.  The Uppers, Polish, Spanish, Middle Eastern, Italy, India. The list goes on and on. They can be filled with meat, seafood, or fruit, and are prepared fried, baked or boiled.  Tabouli, on the other hand is a Middle Eastern “picnic salad”. It consists of parsley, garlic, tomatoes, onions or green onions, cucumbers, olive oil, and burghul (cracked wheat.) I have had a 50/50 reaction to the Tabouli. I found that if you LOVE your fresh veggies, you’ll LOVE Tabouli. 

I am going to go catch some ZZZzzZZ’s for the time being. Have a good night everyone. Don’t let the bed bugs bite. Ill be sure to let you know how it all turns out tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment