Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Origin of My Passion.

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate."- Julia Child

            I thought I might start with this particular quote because it holds true to those who have not attempted to cook, or are just starting their odyssey. As one learns to cook they can pin point what exactly is included in a dish.  As a young child my grandmother always included me in her own culinary adventures Making ‘panacakes’ or jello with bananas were our favorites. She is my number one inspiration. As time went on you could have found us huddled over the table, nose in either a Martha Stewart magazine or the Polish Heritage Cookery. She introduced me to leeks, orzo and what power zest holds in a dish. As I share my own cooking adventure I have hopes of inspiring others as my grandmother did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment