Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Its A Pizza Pie!

“Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.” Martin Luther King Jr

            Day One! Whoot whoot! Unfortunately, I am a bit busy this week, and unable to cook too much.  In the mean time I have decided to share a few beloved recipes.
            I have news!!! The BF surprised me last night and told me I would be receiving a “hand mixer” in the mail today! When he showed me the picture of this “hand mixer” it ended up being an off brand KITCHEN AID! No hands required. You guys have NO idea how excited I am! =]=]


           Everybody loves pizza pie right?! Here are some recipes that were not too time consuming and maybe a bit healthier for you then ordering out. I want to make this with the girls one night. I think they would get a kick out watching how everything is put together.

Pie Dough
3 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1 Package of Active Dry Yest
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon White Sugar
1 Cup warm Water at 110 deg
(I just put it in the mic on high for two mins =])

1.      Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium to large sized mixing bowl.
2.      Heat Water.
3.      Add liquids, and mix.
4.      Spread on to baking pan. There is no need for it to sit and rise.

*Side note* My first (and only) attempt at creating dough I thought I could mix it like any other dough…. By hand… WRONG! It becomes very sticky, clumpy and did not want to stay together very well at first. I am going to try our new “hand mixer” next time. =] Also I found it to be a little difficult to spread it. I have yet to purchase a rolling pin. So my next attempt after the “hand mixer” I was going to flour a surface and roll out the dough with a wine bottle.

Red Sauce
            This recipe made a bit too much sauce. Unless you want to have double sauce or dipping sauce to save for another time don’t use the entire can of tomato sauce. Take it from me, I make pizza for a living. The sauce is not supposed to be runny, or too thick. There is supposed to be a happy medium.
1 (15 oz) Tomato Sauce – I advise not to use the entire can.
1 (6oz) Tomato Paste
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasonings.- Mine is from Family Dollar.
1 and ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
 1 teaspoon Paprika
1.      Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2.      Spread on to homemade dough.

For the rest of the pizza add an entire bag (16 oz which is 2 cups, or more.) of Mozzarella Cheese.
Top Pizza as desired and bake at 375 until cheese becomes bubbly and slightly browned. Appx 20-30 Mins

I discovered these recipes at allrecipes.com
Pizza Dough I by Gudny Bjorg Kjaerbo
Easy Pizza Sauce III by Brent





No comments:

Post a Comment